I got pretty frustrated. The original tube is no where near round or centered to the mount. I struggled most of the morning trying to get it round enough to fit in the box for the quickener. I finally just welded a piece of the new tube on it. I had it in the lathe trying to file it round to no avail. I needed a win so I cleaned up the cast collar. Turning cast is such a mess. I made a copper heat sink using some 1" soft copper pipe and a exhaust tube expander. My welding skills are mediocre at best and I don't want to burn through. I got the steering box taken apart and cleaned up.
Attachments
EPAS steering column 21.jpg (338.46 KB, 145 downloads)
EPAS steering column 22.jpg (254.25 KB, 144 downloads)

Last edited by mick53; 06/12/2025 12:28 AM.

Old enough to know better, too young to resist.