Originally Posted by fixite7
moparguy A friend (girl) who was a collector had her deceased husbands "gasket hammer" a 2 oz. ball pein. Cute hammer,looked I suppose for ten years for a hammer like that finally caught it in Redondo Beach CA. at orchard hardware store. It is a high quality real forged tool steel hammer. Big fun to do it like the old timmers ...wait we are the old timers now !! Anyway fun to make your own gaskets for stovebolt service !!
I've had a 2 oz ball-peen hammer in my kit for many years. Aside from making gaskets, I once used it to knock dents out of an old tuba I bought at a second hand store. Lately, I was watching a YouTube video on dent removal of a French Horn. The technician was using a similarly sized hammer on the brass bell. So among musical instrument tools there are such hammers. That's a possible source.


1951 3800 1-ton
"Earning its keep from the get-go"
In the DITY Gallery
1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.