Dean, good job on the drip pan! Reminds me of a long ago checking on a crew late Friday afternoon that was shutting down for the day/weekend. Problem was they had bellhole open on a major city street. Said their Case 480 hoe was leaking too bad and losing hydraulics.

They had a 5 gallon can of fluid, so while they filled the backhoe I cut the top off a empty 5 gallon container, put it under the leak and had em recycle the oil. An hour later they were backfilling the hole. I don’t think I made any points with that crew but they had a story to tell and I didn’t get any calls on that job over the weekend.

Jerry, I’d considered making a new lower gasket or using a gasket in a tube product. Just need to play around with my diy gasket making materials and see what works. I’ve had good luck with brown grocery sack paper, sometimes coating it with wax and cereal boxes. I’m going to mic a piece of the original and try to match it’s thickness.

RonR


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5