Back at it. Working on a very part time basis the project is slowly moving forward. Pans off and clean, water hose test show all oil sprayers are hitting the same relative spot on the pan.

As mentioned above, rods are between.0015 and .002. On the mains, #4 is at.0015, 3 is .002 and 3 is .002. The process was pull one shim from each side, then check and record the clearance and move on to the next bearing.

This morning I hit the shop at the crack of 9:00AM, built a fire, intending to check/adjust # 1 main bearing andthen get on with doing battle with the rear main seal.

The front motor mount assembly wouldn’t allow the main bearing cap to clear.

Well…..I do have a new front replacement mount (not the whole thing, just the replacement rubber). So me thinking this can’t take long, I’ll change it and while it’s out of the way check/adjust #1 main clearances.

And that little While I’m There, ate the morning and part of the afternoon.

Good thing I work by the hour!

RonR

Last edited by moparguy; 01/26/2023 9:22 PM.

RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5