Welding an eyebolt to the pillar would work, but would probably concentrate the pull in just one place, which might not be the correct place. Typically a lot of weld studs are needed on a dent with out access to the back. I know some of the areas that I worked on did. I doubt weld studs would be enough to move the heavier pillar metal.
Here's another option. Cut a fairly large hole in the inner-to-outer cowl piece opposite where the push happened. That would give you access for a fairly large piece of wood that you could hammer on to push the pillar back where it needs to be. That would also let you move the impact point around as needed. You could use a jack against a hard point (front axle?) to push with. Then weld the cut out piece back in the hole. That area isn't readily visible so it wouldn't need to be pretty. A sheet metal saw would work well to cut the hole.
Let us know how it works out.