Kevin, Thanks for correcting a few of my points. I was off kilter. What about a slide hammer screwed into the lower hinge thread? Then tweak by pulling on each other thread at a time, if necessary. Less set up and still controllable.

OR........A threaded eye bolt (Home Depot) in the bottom hole/several holes to pull on, or slide hammer, can be used instead of a shop made pull plate.

What I can see is that the cowl and its overall box structure is way stronger than the pillar sheet metal Z crinkle would be. The fact that only the pillar sheet metal crinkled seems to verify that, am I correct? I think you made that point. So maybe holding it is not that critical. Not sure if Eric has all that structure in place. Inner/outer and crossover.

Eric, you have some ammo now. What do you think is best for you?


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn