HEY! have you seen some of the stuff I've done? I'm a half-fast body man. wink

Securing the cowl piece might not be a bad idea. I think that's worth a try. Maybe use one of the fender bolt holes and tie that to somewhere on the frame up front, although I think the cowl and inner-to-outer cowl piece are pretty stout if he's welded them in securely.

Cutting stuff out and then trying to get it back in would be a lot of work, and like I said, pulling it back the way it went in would probably be best and he doesn't have anything to lose by trying it.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.