Bartamos/Kevin, I have all the structure in place and based on my recollection and feeling by hand a depression, the pressure was applied at the bottom of the cowl under the hinge plate. This is also confirmed by feeling the dent in the rear pillar in the same location...great. I agree that since the sheet metal is what collapsed it should also give first and to some extent want to relieve stress. I believe you guys were saying the pull would ideally be where the push happened which in this case is below the fasteners. Would it be possible to weld an eye bolt in the location towards the outboard side and pull either using a come along or a slide hammer like you guys suggested? I would think it would need to be slow to make sure the lower cowl is moving back and not just the location that the bolt it welded against, thoughts?
I was originally thinking of just cutting sheet metal away, moving the pillar and attaching a new patch panel but definitely like trying these ideas before going that route!