Yesterday I had a few minutes to tackle a couple projects on the 47. I pulled the pitman arm off to send it to Nostalgia Sid to be adjusted back to compensate for my moved steering box. I'll pull the steering arms off soon too. Sid is going to set them up for modern ball joints. In the process I checked the wear on the king pins and bushings and there is more wear on the drivers side than I'm comfortable with. I'm going to pull both sides apart as soon as I have time, and learn all about disassembling the king pin assemblies.
On a much more exciting note I made up a temporary seat so I can move this thing around while the seat is getting re-upholstered. I'm pretty sure this is how Brian Kindig would do it. (apologies to Brian Kindig, love that show) Or maybe how Jeff Foxworthy would do it. Anyway, I'm not planning to drive this on an actual road this way...or am I? Hmmm...