So I made a lot of progress since Christmas with the help of a few good buddies. Got the motor and trans "permanently" mounted. Ignition wired. New fuel line, drive shaft etc etc. I can now turn the key on the dash and it starts. Today I mounted the gas pedal (79 Chevy truck, and I might move it). Still tons to do. Seems like I get three things done and create one new one.

Took it for a test ride. Using literally a shoestring for a throttle, I got a ways down the industrial street in Warren Mi. where we were working on it in second gear and decided to pull into a large factory parking lot to turn around. Then I discovered two things at once. First, that there was a gate blocking the parking lot and second that I had no brakes at all. DOH! the brake pedal lever now hits the exhaust manifold that wasn't in the truck when I was pushing it around. Was able to get it stopped by trashing my trans and backing up. Then I carefully drove back to my buddy's shop.
Attachments
104221x.jpg (99 KB, 353 downloads)
91515x.jpg (91.07 KB, 358 downloads)
3731x.jpg (55.79 KB, 353 downloads)
62533x.jpg (92.28 KB, 348 downloads)
1504x.jpg (91.36 KB, 345 downloads)