I know what you mean Glenns Towing. As much as I like the high end car shows on TV, I got hooked on a YouTuber named "DD speed Shop". He does his own budget hot rod stuff in a small garage in Canada. He's been working on an early 70s Chevy truck he pulled from a junk yard for a couple hundred bucks.

I'm in Michigan and we're a lockdown state. (Today is March 27th 2020). My main customer is a large supplier to the medical industry so naturally they've been deemed essential. Since I'm a vendor for them I'm part of their supply chain, so I'm busy working now. Ironically, I've been super slow all of Jan thru early March when it was to cold to work in the garage. Now that it's 50 and sunny I've got work to do in the shop. Not complaining, most of my buddies are not working at all.

Anyway, I did manage to get something done on the truck this week. I got it to the welder to patch in the dash (committing a misdemeanor by the act of driving it there, Jeez). He did a pretty good job of it. I put a coat of Bondo to fill in as needed. My skill set and tools consists of a couple YouTube videos (Why do people with no skills at all do "how to" videos?) and some sand paper and a piece of 2x4. All in all, it's good enough for now. I do think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this project. I'm not taking the headliner down, and I'm really not sure where to tape and mask to. I'll keep ya'll posted but here's where it's at now.

Mark
Attachments
41801x.jpg (109.97 KB, 137 downloads)
IMG_20200326_092049.jpg (122.98 KB, 138 downloads)
111656x.jpg (74.7 KB, 136 downloads)
IMG_20200327_124852.jpg (123.89 KB, 135 downloads)
31952.jpg (80.22 KB, 134 downloads)