Thanks Frank. The truck had the original 6 cyl, manual trans (I think a 4 speed) and torque tube rear end. Part of the deal from the guy that got it for me was that he put a 57 Chevy truck rear end in it. The original crossmember is sitting in the bed of the truck awaiting the next run to the scrap yard unless you or someone else wants it. Send me a PM. I addressed the pedal by putting another hole in the brake arm about a half inch down, then cutting about a half inch off the arm and the original hole. I notched the floor lower about a half inch and bolted it back together. The pedal sits in about the original position, but the swing arc isn't exactly correct, but it feels just fine. I also added a 3/16 dowel to the assembly for a little reassurance in case the bolt ever loosened up. There's a lot of red locktite down there so I'm feeling pretty confident. Seems to work pretty good now even though I haven't actually driven it.
Attachments
191752x.jpg (88.4 KB, 210 downloads)