Great work. Nice save, too. Congrats! Should be a great driver. I read all posts and didn't see it addressed, or any pictures, so I will ask: what did you do about the original crossmember that was under the 6-cylinder bellhousing? Or was this truck previously hot rodded with a V8 and that crossmember removed or altered? Apparently it did/does not have the original torque-tube rear axle. If you did discuss any of that, sorry I missed it.

The 50 Chevy 3600 I bought in 99 had a SBC V8 in it already. The steering box was moved outboard of the frame about 1.5-2". The solution to the clutch pedal arm hitting the exhaust was to bend the arm away from the exhaust and bring it thru the floor in a new hole. That put the clutch and brake pedals at different levels, but worked great.

Last edited by Frank50; 04/15/2019 8:01 PM. Reason: edit

Professional Novice