Got my grill back from chrome. They did an amazing job on it. It was pretty tweaked and twisted. It was damaged at some point in the past and an amateur attempt to fix it. Took me 3 1/2 hours to put together but I'm pretty happy with the results. I had the front bumper re-chromed too since the grill and front bumper are unique to 47-48. I was going to set it in place and take a pic, but it's really friggin cold outside.

Eventually, probably next fall, the truck is going to get painted dark hunter green. Pretty much everyone, including myself, have said to leave it as it is. The bottom line is that it's my wife's truck and she hates the color.

I do realize this isn't "driveline" related at this point, but this thread seems to have some interest so I'll keep posting as I go unless I get some negative feedback from the admin.
Attachments
72441x.jpg (191.2 KB, 305 downloads)