The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (53 green 1- ton, greenie-reddy, DadsFirstPickup, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#238066 07/30/2007 3:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
I need to put new shoes on my truck, and will have the drums turned if they have enough meat. If not, does NAPA sell them?


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
they should have'em, my local does, spendy tho'

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
cmayna, shop around. I have found a big price difference from one place to another. Also remember what years work and ask fo rhe "latest" model year. Seems some want even try if their computer doesn't go back that far. A good counter man is a MUST in most cases back past about 1955. They have access to more parts than what is in the computer but that may also be when "spendy" comes in as mentioned by Red58


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
Call Gary Tidwell at: 817-220-7278 He is an old time parts guy. One of the real ones.

Tell him "Builder" (Uncle Carl's Nephew) told you to call. If that don't ring a bell for him, tell him I drove the IRWIPI truck to South Dakota.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
Well, I just realized I might have forgotten a very MINOR issue. If I remember correctly, when my front Oak tree crushed my '53, I bought the '50 and I believe I swapped the entire driveline including the front axle.

So, I'll need to pull the drums to see what the heck I have.

My local NAPA has the '51-'59 drums for $67 each which isn't too bad. Hopefully that is what I need.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
http://www.napaonline.com

I selected

1953

chevrolet truck

3100


Browse Catalog >> Brake Systems >> Rotors, Drums & Related Parts
Vehicle: 1953 >> Chevrolet Truck >> 3100

---------------

Brake Drum - Front
TS
4401071
$41.49


w/ 11" X 2" Brakes w/ 1/2 Ton Chassis

---------------

Brake Drum - Front
UP
6401071
$64.99


w/ 11" X 2" Brakes w/ 1/2 Ton Chassis

---------------


Brake Drum - Rear
TS
4401071
$41.49


w/ 11" X 2" Brakes w/ 1/2 Ton Chassis

---------------

Brake Drum - Rear
UP
6401071
$64.99


w/ 11" X 2" Brakes w/ 1/2 Ton Chassis

---------------

so, yes, apparently they are still in the NAPA parts system.

Yay!

-W

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
Any idea what country these are made in?

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Probably Mexico, although there's still alot of rotor/drum casting still being done in the US, especially with the premium line parts. Funny thing is that you're more likely to get a USA made drum/rotor aftermarket that you are OE these days.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
if your not keeping it stock uprade with duel mc. and discs. front drums are for museum pieces along with standard steering.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0