Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,467 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 7 | Does anyone have any experiance with any of these? openions 1.Truckman Parts 2 Brothers 3.Truck Shop 4.Chevy duty Others? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | I like to haunt eBay and scrap yards for the original parts that I need.
Not because i'm a die hard purist, but because the original used parts can often be found WAY cheaper than the repro stuff.. if you have the time to look and collect.
All that i've heard of repro parts is that some vendors are more selective on some things than others.. Vender A may have the better bumper, but Vender B has the better mirror, for example.. so just because that $10 mirror you bought was nice, dosen't mean the door handles they sell will be of the same quality.
I hear lots of good things about American Classic and Chevy Duty.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 454 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 454 | Like Fumblin46 I check eBay on a regular basis and often bid on parts even if I don't need them at the time. I also check with several vendors to get best total pricing (be sure to figure in shipping).
I am currently rebuilding the brakes on my 53 3/4 ton. I bought parts from Chevy Duty, American Classic, and Jim Carter's. All have good service. Since I place most of the orders on the web, I can't comment on their telephone order staff.
Jeff Nelson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 | A lot of the parts these vendors have are from the same aftermarket suppliers. Fumblin46 is right that the repro parts aren't exactly a correct fit (I've had trouble with door latches and strikers). I like to see it, feel it and touch it before I buy anymore.
cgresham1212 If you don't drive it, why have it? 55 1st Series 3100 5 window
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | Of the ones you list there, go with Chevy Duty. The other one I would recommend is Jim Carter. Some(I said some), of his parts are of higher quality. Cecil.......... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 | I've had the best luck with Chevy Duty. Especially with online orders. Most of the other vendors will ship the stuff they have in stock and backorder the rest. You don't know it till you get the order and half the stuff you need are weeks away. I would call and see if they stock the parts you want first. Alot of the parts from these vendors are MADE IN CHINA  and don't fit right. Post a thread on a particular part you need and I'm sure someone will pipe up with a good source. Happy hunting | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 299 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 299 | I found a mint set of doors at the Monroe ,Wash. swapmeet for $25.00 and a complete rust free 1/2 ton box with running boards for $125.00 at the Coastal Meet in Cloverdale BC. My fave was the factory outside visor and dual spotlites at 2 boothes in Mt Vernon, Wash. for $20.00.I will probably buy repo tailgate and bumpers as they are only $105.00 and $115.00 each .I already scored good rear bumper brackets for $10.00. Swapmeets are a good source for parts, but some stuff simply can't beat brand new for price after replating or fixing.Just my 2 bits worth. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 | I have used Truck shop and Chevy duty without any problems. Let us know what you are looking for and we can point you in the right direction.
By the way Welcome to the Bolt!
Brian Moore 1949 3100 5 window Deluxe "Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow" | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 78 | I found a lot of good parts in the wrecking yards and try to go often. Ebay is a good source also. Although there are some parts that can’t be found. Chevy Duty has been great. LMC I would rate as OK although I have only bought a couple of items from them. I have heard only good things about Jim Carter. Have Fun! Steve | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 170 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 170 | I have purchased just about all of my parts over the internet thru sites like: Jim Carter, American Classic, Chevy's of the 40's, and The Filling Station. All have been great to work with. I do agree that you have to shop for each part because some sites don't have either the best price or the best quality part. Since I'm big on originality I like when a site lets you know when "this is just like the original part". Jim Carter does a good job at that. Another thing that is helpful is Pics of what you are buying. I don't like buying unless I can see some kind of Pic. Notice to all internet vendors!!! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 5 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 5 | I live near the truck man and the truckshop. The truck man is small but but knowledgeble and willing to help, the truckshop's attitude is if you don't know exactly what you want they may give you the wrong part even if they know is the wrong one. This I say from personal experience after spending about 4,000 on parts. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 355 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 355 | We've used . . . Chevy Duty ( www.chevyduty.com) Classic Industries ( www.classicindustries.com) Jim Carter ( www.oldchevytrucks.com) and Truck Shop (truckandcarshop.com) . . . all through their catalogs with good success. Chevy Duty has given us the best customer service when ordering over the phone. Good luck. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 82 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 82 | I have used Chevy Duty to good effect, and would recommend Jim Carter as well from their reputation. Every, and I mean every part, I bought from a certain California firm required modification to work or fit. Stick with ebay for the odd stuff. You would be amazed what shows up there. Best place is the junkyard, if you can find one with trucks with that vintage.
Richard 58 3104
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | I have used classic, Jim carter, LMC, Tom Langdon,and the previous owner had used Patricks and some of the one you mentioned,,I have had good luck with all of them,, and even my local NAPA has came in handy at times....dont you just love to spend money on them ,,,,,,,,just drive em,,,,Fred Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Don't forget about CarQuest. I've got quite a few parts through them. They even had rear axle seals in stock for my 48 1.5 ton. Scott | | |
| |