The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible), 120 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175274 12/20/2004 7:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
just curious if I am the only one in the world that has to give up something to get something, such as sell a truck before you get another one, Man I thought it was the time of year to get anything that you wanted, life is just not fair sometimes grin


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#175275 12/20/2004 8:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Sorta sounds like that would depend on the bank acct.Aint nothin wrong with havin 2 trucks,or 3 or 4.Talk to Santa Claus.

#175276 12/20/2004 8:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Know whatcha mean there joker. I saw a 2005 Sierra advertised in yesterdays newspaper for $12k. Mentioned it to my wife and she said, "Yeah, I've been thinking about that. What if you sold the Pontiac or the truck and got a new vehicle to drive everyday?". And I was like, "Uh, I wasn't thinking so much a 1 for 1 swap". There's no way I'm giving up the C20 or the Chieftain! I guess she'll just have to understand when I've gotta do maintenance to keep my daily driver drivin' instead of hanging some curtains!
-David
Kustoms-and-Sleds


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
#175277 12/20/2004 9:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
or maybe her,,,just kidding, I love old mustangs, I have mentioned on previous post, before I got my 52, I has a 66 red convert and boy would it run, I also had a 641/2 and a 67..all of them were very good cars,,I try to tell carolyn that when a deal comes up you just dont have time to sell, you buy and then sell afterwards,,,,Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#175278 12/20/2004 10:47 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
If I am to even think about the Impala SS I'm wanting at this time Ol' Betsy will have to go. Haven't got the room for more than one at a time. Truck is on the market though.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
#175279 12/21/2004 5:07 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I just keep buying and buying and buying and.....
don't think I ever sold anything,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#175280 12/21/2004 5:24 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
I gave up underwear and got It caught in my zipper

That count??????

#175281 12/21/2004 2:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
Quote
Originally posted by 48bigtrucks:
I just keep buying and buying and buying and.....
don't think I ever sold anything,
Scott
That's the spirit! I like that idea!

63 Nova 2dr ht (355)
64 C10 (292)
67 Camaro RS/SS (Vortec 355)
74 C10 (454)
80 El Camino (406)
85 Monte Carlo SS (406)
04 Blazer (wife's car.)

(I have to admit to selling a 67 Camaro Sport Coupe earlier this year to pay medical expenses after surgery.)

#175282 12/21/2004 2:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
I have this mantra:
Buy high and sell cheap.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#175283 12/21/2004 3:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7
V
Junior Member
Junior Member
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7
I know what you mean, a few years ago I got really serious with my bass fishing and started fishing bass tournaments. I had about 20 rod and reel combo's made by various companys, all just mid-grade stuff.

Long story short, I had to sell all of them before up-grading to the good stuff. I would have liked to kept some of it for spares, but that's the way it goes I guess.

Now I have just about quit tournament fishing, but I still fish a lot and have really god stuff, go figure.


"I MUST DO AS THE VOICES IN MY TACKLE BOX COMMAND" >*)))))><{
#175284 12/21/2004 3:23 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Proffitt, you should let your nurse do that.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#175285 12/21/2004 5:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
tony m, did you mean to spell norse?


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0