I have the wiring diagram I found on this site. I plan to get a light on Saturday that I can hang from the hood. Between that, degreaser and a lot of rags, I will trace those wires going to the pos and neg posts on the coil. Since everything else has power, these seem to be the most suspicious to me.

The points do open and close.

Thanks for the tip about WildBlue internet. It will have to be better than dialup. I qualified for the same $40 deal.

F-in-law did like to tweak. He has a pull knob for throttle installed. He used it on cold mornings to warm up the truck after he had released the choke. He also added emergency flashers, air horns w/ compressor and a siren type alarm. I have questioned him about an ignition kill switch and he says he did not install one.
Mike