Sorry about getting bummed out. I have gone over the wiring diagrams in the Motors manual and they show that a negative ground system the negative post of the coil goes to the distributor. That is how mine is wired. The wire goes in through the bottom of the distributor so I will have to open the distributor again to try to run a continuity test on it.

I do not quite understand the hotwire. I can see where I'm giving the positive feed straight to the coil and bypassing the ignition switch but how would the starter get juice?

I do not have a wiring diagram other than what was on this site. It shows the positive side of the coil going to the distributor. This contradicts the Motors manual. Would I kill the coil to reverse the wires? Put the distributor wire to positive and the harness wire to negative?

I'm out at Lake Tawakoni. That's 50 miles east of Dallas.