I did not mean go to school, I meant read the internet. I realize dial up is slow. Use it at midnite or 4 in the morning. you are doing great. You have not said whether you have double checked all the ignition wiring using a diagram. If it does not spit thru carb it is probably OK timing gear wise. Obviously if you do not have spark at coil tower then problem is up stream from there. Do your diagnosis starting from there and working towards battery using the ignition diagram. I know you have not taken the distributor out so it almost has to be OK.......But if Father-in-Law did when troubleshooting it then who knows? If it is all wired properly, with new parts including resistor (ballast) if equipped, then it's bad parts or points not adjusted as been said or some wire shorted. If you need info on how to check if distrib is "clocked" correctly, let me know. Small block Chevy: No 1 is drivers side front Cylinder and Distrib rotates clockwise.
Last edited by bartamos; 11/02/2011 2:48 AM.