Had time to think...

1] The USPS sent me my new title for my truck.

2] Change of heart.
....Anyway, after looking at the chassis laying on its side in the garage, it has made me realize there is no way in Hell I will butcher the stock frame to that extent.

3] The rear axle has had the torque tube end burnt off with a torch. So unless somebody knows of a way to bolt on an old trans to a newer bellhousing for a 350 Olds motor[ if I were to keep the stock axle with replacement parts], the rear axle will be swapped by itself to a newer style. I believe they make adapter plates that go fron 5 to 6-lug pattern. Will do this option if I can't find a suitable axle. The '53 came with 6-lug chrome rims on all 4 corners.

4] Also, rather than getting an automatic trans, I will be scrounging for a manual truck trans {with a creeper gear and possibly an overdrive and a parking brake}, and a GM bell housing with the two ears on top. Fits Buick or Oldsmobile engines only. Will also need to get a manual Olds flywheel. Got a clutch pedal in the '53. Might as well use it.

5] And lastly, I have $5 left to pay off the 1980 Olds 350, which was the last year they made the Rocket engine.


1965 Olds F85 wagon
1969 Olds Cutlass
1965 Falcon Van
1969 El Camino
1972 GMC 3/4T
1972 K5 Blazer
1971 C10
1976 Suburban
1978 Suburban
1930 F**d AA Stake
1989 CK3500 2WD
2000 CK3500 4WD
1953 GMC 3100

1] *Note* All drawings are subject to engineering changes at any given time without notice of: barometric pressure, wind patterns, caffiene, or written authorization of the female.
2] Cash for Clunkers: You can have my truck, after it has turned into a pile of rust in the driveway.