Did anyone see the Boyd Coddington show that was about the Rat Rod build competion between Boyd and half of his shop? The magazine editor that was following along covering the roadtrip in his own hotrod lost his steering. It wasn't a weld that failed, it was a Borgensen joint that came apart. Supposedly, this was the correct, high dollar way to build your steering links. I think that was the first time that I've actually seen a vehicle loose it's steering and I've never heard of or seen a weld break causing an accident.
Just my 2 cents and I'm not getting into a [censored] match, just an observance,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!