No problemo Don. smile

I have to agree, finding 12v equivalents for these earlier radios can be difficult or impossible... sometimes there was no 'direct' replacement.

At times what I've done is rewired the filament circuit so that a 'pair' of tubes with identical filament current ratings are wired in series. For example, if the radio uses 2 78 tubes, I'll wire their filaments in series so they will run on 12v. 6A7s go to 12A7.. and instead of subbing the rectifier tube I'll usually wire in some silicon diodes with an inrush limiter.

They did a fantastic job on the radio aesthetically! But what good is a restored car with a clapped out engine? eek Frankly I'm not very meticulous when it comes to making the inside of the radio chassis look pristine, so this I can understand but the inside does look rather sloppy. (Like they waited a couple of days before they shipped it back to you to do the WHOLE thing.)


1960 GMC Panel w/ 305 V6, 4 Speed TV Repair Van "The Monitor Lizard"
1961 Chevy Apache 20 283, 4 Speed, Hydrovac
www.picturetrail.com/starchief