Give these guys a shot:
www.antiqueautomobileradio.com and I went to the dealer locator, for the dealer nearest to my shop.
I sent them a '66 Chevy truck radio, along with an e-mail and a note in the package, giving directions for the conversion and my return address. Within three days, I received a call from the owner, stating that he received my radio and wanted to confirm what needed to be done. He replied with the same directions I had given.
Out of curosity, I asked him what his anticipated schedule was to complete the conversion and he promptly responded that he would complete it over the weekend and put it in the mail on Monday. In amazement, I told him that would be great. Furthermore, he said he would put an invoice in the package and after I received the radio and made sure it was as agreed, send him a check.
I also inquired about the possibility of a discount, if I wanted to do a couple more conversions on the same year, make and model radio, to which he promptly told me he would gladly work with me on a reduced price and he appreciate the business.
The company is:
Jim's Sales & Service
Jim
618-526-8492 (shop)
[email protected] (e-mail)
They do the FM conversion, add RCA jacks for a CD changer, iPod or MP3 player and speaker leads for two front channel speakers and two rear channel speakers. Everything on the face of the radio appears stock, which is what I am after.
The price is around $400.00, which is a little steep, however I spent a lot more on one of the Auto Sound USA-6 units, that doesn't look stock, and a 5 disc changer that is under the passengers seat. The sound is marginal and the first one I had took a poop on me within 3 months with very little use.
I will follow up with the final results.