I sent my radio up to D&M Restoration about 6 months ago with a letter detailing my requirements (basically that I wanted to maintain as much originality as possible but would be installing it in a 12 volt system). I also emailed my desire to run the radio on 12v without using a resistor. Also, I spoke to M&M several times about my project, mentioning that from what I had read these old radios don't like to run on stepped down voltage through a resistor.

Several weeks ago I called asking about the status and was informed that it was all done and just awaiting the correct paint. I sent up a quart of JC's hammertone beige. I also asked about how they handled the 12v/6v requirement and was told that I would have to speak to the other M. I was asked for my credit card info and billed for the job in the meantime.

Today I called to ask about the status and after explaining which radio I was referring to again, reminding them about the paint, etc. I was told that "there was a problem with that radio." Like what I asked? This radio was rebuilt to 6 volts as we never received any instructions as to what to do. WHAT? We'll just send you a BIG resistor that you can bolt to the firewall....

I am not too happy about this and am disappointed that I wasn't informed about what they were going to do, regardless of my instructions. I understand that it is not a seamless conversion but should have been consulted.
:mad:


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.