Hey truckernix - Thanks for the quick response. I know I read several threads here about running the 6v radio in a converted system, but haven't really researched it too much as I thought that is what I was paying D&M for. In the phone conversation this morning, after being informed of the situation, I asked if there wasn't a more stable way to drop the voltage rather than using a resistor. By stable I mean having a fairly consistent 6v being applied to the radio. M said that there may be places out there that deal with that sort of thing but that they were not aware of anything but using a resistor and that I should check around, and oh, BTW, Jerry did your radio... (whatever that was supposed to mean.)
I will again research the threads here on the always reliable 'Bolt for the best solution to my problem. If anyone knows offhand chime in.
Don