sc_trucker, There are many many suppliers out there. The only one I know of who is not better than Chevy Duty is Bowtie Bits.

Fumblin said "I just assumed they had some sort of agreement or licence to use it". I think that assumption is the only reason they got popular to start with. That is the reason I find this alleged lawsuit over the name to be so interesting.

I believe both of the words in the name Chevy Duty were previously used by GM to advertise product. I swear I've seen that in many past commercials. Don't know about the bowtie. All I have heard is that they will have to change the name.

I don't wish bad luck to anyone but as I've said many times I think the CD service and catalog suck. The name is fancy and the pictures in the book are pretty but there is no substance to that, just bells and whistles. If you really like bells and whistles you need an LMC catalog. It is worth getting on their mailing list just for the cover shots and exploded parts diagrams. However, if your priority is good service and parts that work as described for a fair price, you need Jim Carter's catalog. If you are the sheep who follows the rest in single file to blindly jump off a cliff, you need another Chevy Duty Catalog.

The moral to my story is simple. Inconsiderate, impatient, rude, misleading, or greedy people do not deserve our business.


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup