Originally posted by Fumblin46:
The big three are hurting, and stockholders might be saying, "Hey! If you'd tighten the noose around these aftermarket and parts competitors you might fatten up the bottom line some!"
Well, GM certainly doesn't want to fill in the gap there. It would be insanely easy for them to come up with front disc brake kits using there already existing parts inventories for the 60's era trucks.... they coudl sell 'em through their GM performance dealers and have their dealers install 'em with a warranty... now, they would be making stupid money doing this but it would be one of those 'halo' things they like to talk about.
Heck, they even came up with a new engine for the '82-'85 s-10.
'shrug'.
I don't think anyone is running the store at GM anymore. I mean... look at what they are building... 'ugh'.
As for Chevy Duty - if yer gonna use 'em, I suggest callin' them on the phone.
I did hafta call 'em once when my Dad and I were werkin' on his '53 for some 'tech support'. Dad was rebuilding the wheel cylinders and all the brake stuff inside(the truck was last tagged for on road use in '77 or so) - so we get too looking at the parts and the diameters for the kits was different, so we buzzed CD right quick(this was during their business hours) and asked 'em - hey yo? which ones front, which ones rear? They were pretty polite about it...
-W
p.s. my dad retired from GM earlier this year... hence my Chevrolet madness was taught/inerited/brainwashed...