Jon, plug gap is presently 0.045”. I have tried 0.055” with no improvement.
Carl, Now that is something I have never heard of, but understand how it could happen. The vacuum line was dry, and there was no evidence of any fluid where the master cyl mates to the booster, so no.
Jerry, I didn’t know that. I have an “Echlin” module now, made in China I am sure. There was no change after I swapped it out with the GM OEM module. I had a lot of trouble finding a FLAPS that could get a hold of any module for me. I guess now I know why Langdon preferred to use a used GM module over a new Chinese one… if I can find a GM module at a reasonable price, I’ll get it on order. I sure don’t need a dead module stranding me far from home….
The New wires showed up today, so I checked them with he ohm meter and installed them with wire separators. Truck actually runs a bit better, but the miss is still there, just not as bad as it was. I have it up on jacks with the brake booster out, so I plugged the vacuum fitting at the intake manifold to run the engine
I took the tops off the carbs a couple of weeks ago, to make sure the bowls were clean, jets and all passages were clean. Both carbs respond appropriately to idle mixture and idle speed adjustments. I synched them as well.
The slight miss is still there.
Last edited by Norcal Dave; 03/12/20241:54 AM.
~ Dave 1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission