Oh Jerry, sorry but I just cannot stop chuckling about buying a new module from “kaka part”. Lol

I may just end up running a common standard 4-pin GM module on an external mount near the coil.

Jon, that was my exact thought when I was watching the scope- the coil looks weak to me, but I’m no expert, and it’s been so long since I’ve used a scope to evaluate an ignition. I found the Heathkit scope at a garage sale for $20 last year, and haven’t had the chance to use it. Great for points ignition, but I have never used a scope on an HEI, so I don’t know what it’s supposed to look like.

I usually have an old coil laying around the garage, but it must have ended up in the dumpster, so the only way I can be sure is to buy another. I think I’m going to ditch the external S10 HEI type for a tower coil-

Any recommendations on a tower coil that won’t cost upwards of $90? What about a MSD BLASTER II?? Hoping to find one that is black and not fancy looking….


I have a feeling the coil may be the problem… either way, the module is also going to get replaced with a GM or better module.

The video of the scope is the last cylinder in parade mode, and you can see the scope line jutting left and right every time the engine misses..

Scope video

Last edited by Norcal Dave; 03/12/2024 11:10 PM.

~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission