Jerry I wish I did have access to a lathe. That's a good idea...adding a bearing down low and one up high and a lip seal, but in this case I think I'll have to do with what I have.

On the positive side, I removed the gear, freed up and cleaned the shaft from sitting in the garage long years...sticky oil, etc. When I replaced the gear & pin, I noticed there is between 1mm and 1.2mm of free space where another washer should have been. Neither image focused correctly but there is a decent brass bushing in there...not too short, either. I'm willing to bet adding washers to the point that shaft fits snugly against the end of the distributor body will stop the problem.
Attachments
MVC-039F.JPG (21.12 KB, 91 downloads)
MVC-040F.JPG (27.49 KB, 92 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end