As I like to say, this is the period on the sentence. First thing I noticed in the shop today was NO Oil on the floor! Woohooo! That’s unheard of for the Green Truck. Out of real concern, I checked the oil––full!

Then drove to Sheridan, about 22 miles one way. Enjoyed a chocolate cone at the Daisy Queen and visited a couple buddies, then home. Cruised at 60 for a few miles but a tire imbalance (or bent wheel or bad tire) on the front showed up so slowed to 55.

Best news is no knock at all.

My thanks to all who helped me sort this out and advised on proper techniques in this bit of necessary maintenance. I suspect that if you ignored that minor new noise, it could have been very expensive.

RonR


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5