OK, I was able to do a little more work today. I worked on getting some of the old wiring out. Mainly worked behind the dash. Was able to get the gauge out that has the ammeter, gas gauge, etc. Having trouble finding out how to get the rubber grommet out without tearing it all to pieces. Anyone have any advice here? I figured out what the Delco Remy box is to the left of the fuse block. It's a horn relay. I need help in figuring out how to do the wiring with that in place because the factory harness has different instructions. The factory harness has two wires attaching to the bottom of the fuse block with the two connections that are not marked and then the wires go on down and hook in to the horn. On this truck, the horn is an oooga horn and it is mounted right in front of the fuse block on the fender well. The way it is currently wired, it is connected to the horn relay on the firewall. Also, on the alternator, there are two wires coming off the generator. The smaller lead (orange wire in the picture) connects to the field connector on the external voltage regulator. The larger wire goes inside the cab as part of the wiring harness and I have no idea what it goes to. On the top of the external voltage regulator, there is a wire connected to the ignition terminal that goes over to the coil. The wiring harness has two leads that hook to the alternator and then hook to the Gen and the F terminals on the voltage regulator. Mine does not have that, so I'm not sure how to wire this part. Any ideas? I've attached the wiring diagram and the external voltage regulator, horn relay, and a shot of the wires coming off of the alternator.
Attachments
IMG_0856.jpg (127.08 KB, 308 downloads)
IMG_0854 (3).jpg (145.68 KB, 305 downloads)
IMG_0855 (3).jpg (78.46 KB, 300 downloads)