Originally Posted by tclederman
Darrell,

It looks like you ordered a standard harness.

"I've ordered a wiring diagram manual for the truck."
Did you order a wiring diagram manual, or did it coming with the harness?
Are you referring to instructions that came with the harness?

If you do not have a schematic wiring diagram, there is a diagram on this page that can be downloaded in two formats (PDF & JPG). It will not have installation advice, but it defines/shows the colors and purposes of each circuit/connection. That information probably also came with harness you bought.
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/electrical/wiring/index.htm

Each add-on circuit/component should probably have a fuse. If a fuse did not come with that component/add-on, you should read the instructions for that component to determine the fuse rating (and, buy an in-line fuse).

I ordered a wiring diagram manual for the truck and the wiring harness also came with a diagram that is color coded. I also bought a complete factory assembly manual. I'm hoping between these, I can figure it out. I think I will be relying mostly on the wiring diagram that came with the harness.