I finally had time to tackle this project today. I started by getting the wiring harnesses out and looking at the wiring diagram they sent me and trying to match up circuits. It only took me a little while to figure out how the wiring circuits run. One small set of wires goes from the ignition switch and ammeter to the coil and starter. Another harness is to the rear taillights and blinkers. Then there's a harness that hooks into the fusebox and goes to the alternator, headlights and parking lights. Pretty straight forward other than this wiring diagram references a generator and not an alternator. I'm not sure how I hook into the alternator. I've posted a picture of the fuse box, a box above the fuse box that has an ignition and field tab on it, and another box to the side that says deco remy.
The big harness hooks to the taillight connector and the fuel sending wire, the brake switch, and the dimmer switch and then moves on up to the fuse box. Then it moves in under the dash and connects to the headlight switch, the ammeter, the gas gauge, and the directional wires that go with the turn signal. It also has all of the gauge lights. I understand most of it with the exception of the alternator hookup. I also don't have a hookup for the heater, but the heater is already wired and connected to the old ignition, so I guess it's ok to leave it like it is. It was working before.
All in all, I think this harness will work. It is a direct replacement of the original except it doesn't have the cloth covered wires. I'll try to get some photos of the actual wiring harness tomorrow. I haven't started putting them on yet. I've just been prepping the truck by removing some wiring to get ready to install the new wiring.