Just a two cent input on your brakes. Years back when assisting my wife on her 5 window build, I had just finished a frame off restoration of a 1942 WWII Jeep. I noticed that her chevy's brake lines ran a whole lot different, don't know why but if I recall correctly one line ran from the MC straight to the drivers side front brake and the other ran to the passengers side frame where it teed off and ran forward to the passengers front brake and aft to the rear brakes. What I did was to run the line to the front and tee off to both front brakes and over to the right side of the frame and back to the rear brakes. It might not be pure but it sure made a difference in stopping!! I also moved the brake light switch down to the MC like on the 40's vintage Jeeps instead of the flipper switch on the firewall, this though again not pure but made for a more positive brake light illumination. Like I said just my two cent input, they were two simple mods. that made life a whole lot easier.