What a busy week it's been! I have got a lot of work done on the pickup and things are really starting to take shape!
I have worked to paint the block, valve cover, push-rod cover as well as replace the fuel pump and all relative gaskets for these items. I have also painted the starter and the generator. I'll be painting the other bolt on items (oil pan, water pump, harmonic balancer, distributor, oil filter and air cleaner while breather tube will be getting replaced) and replacing their gaskets in the coming days. Here are some pictures:
I also spent last night out in a farmers field picking thru about 5 cabs/partial AD trucks for parts. I scored big time, coming out with the following for peanuts!:
- Air Cleaner
- Door Glass (both sides)
- Front Hood Emblem and brackets
- Headliner Rod/Bow
- Visors
- Glove Box Door
- Speaker Grill Trim
- Lower metal door panels
- Windshield center trim (inner and outer)
- Throttle Cable
- Complete exhaust
- Wiper Arms
My floor pans are being delivered this afternoon so this weekend will be a fun time of working on the motor items listed, cleaning up and installing the above as well as cutting out my old pans and hopefully putting the new ones in with tack welds for a test-fit!