Installed a new cowl vent handle/brace last night with a good knob and adjusted the mechanism to work properly. Also put in a matching ignition lock cylinder to the glove box for which I have the key.

I also pulled my gauges last night for rebuilding/freshening up (new needle, decals and gaskets coming from Jim Carter). I know the oil pressure gauge works & i put the bulb from the temp. gauge into a pot of hot water and confirmed it works. I also put a multi-meter on the amp. and fuel gauge and both are functional. Waiting on my replacement speedo needle and decal kit and then these will be going back together looking as good as new!

Picture of Speedo.

Picture of Oil/Temp/Amp/Fuel Gauge.

Assembled May 11, 1951

Original Warning Tag on back of fuel gauge.

Disassembled Speedo for cleaning, painting, decals and new needle.

Disassembled oil/temp/amp/fuel gauge cluster.
Attachments
IMG_0371.jpeg (139.34 KB, 54 downloads)
‘51 Chevy 3100 (9.1)
IMG_0372.jpeg (126.69 KB, 53 downloads)
‘51 Chevy 3100 (9.2)
IMG_0373.jpeg (126.46 KB, 54 downloads)
‘51 Chevy 3100 (9.3)
IMG_0374.jpeg (185.31 KB, 53 downloads)
‘51 Chevy 3100 (9.4)
IMG_0375.jpeg (151.37 KB, 54 downloads)
‘51 Chevy 3100 (9.5)

Last edited by Phak1; 11/13/2024 2:31 AM.

1951 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
"Piecing it Together - Blow by Blow"
Follow in the DITY
More photos in Flickr

1939 Chevy 3/4-Ton
In the Project Journals Forum