Yes, brand new 215/85R 16 Michelin's installed a couple of weeks ago. I didn't stop and
take a tape measure out, nor go back and measure the exact distance. I estimated it by
stepping off a distance from the house to the barn that looked close to the point that I woke
up and hit the brakes.
I’m terribly sorry but I was off by a couple of car lengths. So just to be exact and satisfy the
net pickers on the forum, there always has to be at least one you know, I did a test and
took some data this time.
The closest I can come to duplicating the stop was by repeating it on the blacktop in front of
my house, which I just did a few minutes ago.
The exact distance from when I took my foot off the gas at 55mph, in line with my mailbox
and applying the brake, just short of locking up the rear tires was a measured 117 feet 4 ½
inches! Hope that satisfies the engineering urge for perfection.
I wasn’t quite as hard on the tires this time as I was the other day when a construction
worker was directly in front of me. Then I did actually have to lock up the rear tires for a few
seconds.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/161326548 Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL