I would bet you will gain some stopping distance just due to the fact the rotors give off heat faster and can take repeated heavy stops in a short amount of time from highway speeds. GM and other manufacturers wouldn't have switch if there was nothing to gain.
I just read a big topic over on the H.A.M.B. site about brakes and valves. What I got from it was drum brakes self set once they reach a point in drum contact. You have very little control over them in heavy braking since they grab the drum a set. Drums are more efficient at stopping a rotating mass then a rotor is, but, you have much more control over a rotor before it locks up due to the higher pressures required to do so. This really only comes into play in panic stops or heavy traffic where quick jabs on the brakes happens.
You will also gain the ability to drive it without adjusting front brakes ever again. How about long term availability to get brake shoes for the Huck brakes?
Joe