Originally Posted by 1951Chevy1Ton
I just did a quick read of 6 pages of questions and comments. Unless I missed it, I do not see that we have identified what engine we are working on. The confusion about Positive ground raised a BIG RED FLAG in my mind. I THINK before we go blindly forward shotgunning this thing JUST MAYBE WE SHOULD dig out some Casting numbers and Serial numbers and IDENTIFY what we are working on. We don't want to burn this truck beyond repair nor burn the garage to the ground in our haste . JUST MY OPINION
Jerry

It's a 58/59 235 as far as I can tell. Casting number on the block was 3738307. The serial number is F1011A. There was another set of numbers, B62 848 850 also. I wasn't able to find a date stamp. I am assuming it's hidden behind the starter.

Let me know if you need anything else.


Ron and Ryan Hill
1952 Chevy 3100