Well, looks like karma may have already run out for me. I crawled up under the truck after work to take a look at things.

Here is the fuel tank connection.

This doesn't appear to be the one several have referred to with a drain valve etc. Any ideas on what this is and can I still drain using this? Also, any thoughts on the "moist" area above it? I am assuming the tank leaks and that is rust coming through? No smell of fuel in cab though.

The other thing I was interested in was finding where the flywheel was so that I could turn it to determine if the engine is free. Someone said to remove the "cover" and I wasn't sure where this was or how difficult it would be to remover.

Well, here it is! ! I am assuming it should be covered? What issues am I facing with it not being there?


Ron and Ryan Hill
1952 Chevy 3100