Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,332 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 95 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 95 | i liek my eyebrows .. means no one has a truck liek me | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | Mike, lick'em or like'em? MaryAnn won't care what kinda truck ya got Fumblin, the Task force years are 55-59. not 60-66 best lookin truck is any that don't have a computer! Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | Originally posted by red58: Fumblin, the Task force years are 55-59. not 60-66 Bill Ok so my least favorite years are the task force years and the year they made the batmobile. Altho i'd still rather drive one of them than a DODGE of ANY year!
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | you didn't like the 40 to 46 dodge,, Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 | Looks like Jokers got the right idea.The one you own is the best looking!! I like them all even the new ones.I like my 55 2nd series,because its mine.I like the art decos,the ADs,the 60s 70s,etc.I had a 1998,and a 2001,and I liked them both.I am sure that if I bought a 2005 I would like it too. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Dale, I respectfully disagree. I own two AD trucks but I don't like the ADs best (For every data trend, there's always an outlying data point). My personal fav (Am I allowed to say my favorite?????) is...
....
Oh, I don't think I should play favorites.
Of the newer trucks, I kinda liked the 2000 Chevies. The 2000 dually looked very business like, I thought. After the bland styling of the '90's, the 2000 was a very nice refresh. I agree with those who say since then, with the infusion of the Avalanche styling, they've gotten really UGLY.
John
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: May 2000 Posts: 424 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2000 Posts: 424 | John almost said "DODGE"! I heard it, or should I say I saw it. He was just gonna spit it out for all the world to see - "My name is John and I LOVE DODGES!"
You are right John, the ugly Avalanche has affected the styling of everything. It may take me several years to get used to the new trucks. By then they will come out with something even uglier and I'll forget all about these. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2,195 Insomniac | | Insomniac Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2,195 | Dodge makes trucks?!! Since when?! I had heard or a Fahgo (Fartgo?) or something like that - must have been more than 35 years ago.
Rusty - did you forget Ellie Mae (Donna Douglas) when you talk about the babes of old TV? Only good reason to watch the Beverly Hillbillies...
Gord 🇨🇦 ---- 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 37 | JFK, since you didn't voice an opinion on the matter let me guess, you probably would've agreed with the original JFK, he would've chosen Marilyn, er, I mean Mary Ann. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 |
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | What about Jethro's sister, Jethrine? I know it is Max Baer Jr in drag, and I am not into that stuff.  Any one like Miss Jane? Boy was she a tiger! I still like Mary Ann the best.  | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 19 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2005 Posts: 19 | The 64-72 CHEVY'S and the 81-87 GMC & CHEVY 4x4's are good looking trucks 73-80 were just trucks. Silverado's Rule!! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 | My favorite is the 41-46 of course but I like them all. Even the new ones. I think the newer (88 and up) GMC's look nicer that the Chevy's but they're all good. The 73-84 style lost something when it changed the front fenders -around 1980 or 81 I think.
Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | Originally posted by Doug 57: What about Jethro's sister, Jethrine? I know it is Max Baer Jr in drag, and I am not into that stuff. Any one like Miss Jane? Boy was she a tiger! I'd rather do the Skipper than Miss Jane or Jethrine.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | I would rather do Mary Ann than the Skipper! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 49 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 49 | '39 & '40 - I'm with you ndnchf. Last of the true fat fenders. Narrow body, wide running boards, tilt out windshield, floor hand brake, bat wing hood, headlight pods, ribcage grill; a classic beauty. Anything later is too modern looking for me. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 151 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 151 | Ginger hands down. And hands on.
Christian | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | Joker, you're asking which girl at the dance is purdiest.  It's the one you took home, of course. Myself, I prefer the 52 and 69 pickups, but the 59 model farm girl always gets my vote.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 | Chevy - 1946, 1955, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1972, 1978, 1992
GMC - 1967, 1972, 1978
Dodge - 1971, 1976, 1996
International - 1973
Hudson - 1947
Studebaker - 1955, 1960, 1965
Ford - 1953, 1966, 1971, 1979, 1993
Not confined to GM or Mopar.
Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass. Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 158 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 158 | I personally like the 1958 Apache Fleetside, 60-61 Models, 69-72 Models, and the 73 Model. Those are my favorites because they are so different from eachother and good looking. I live that huge double oval hood on the 60-61 models. The 58 Apache Fleetside is just plain beautiful, example --> Bill LePages 58 Apache . The 69-72 Chevy's are very popular, and also a good looking design, i live the look of the front end. Then the 73 is the only style in the 70's thats the best. - Shane
- Shane (ChevyToughRebel) 2 Trucks; -1955 3/4 Ton Chevy -1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4 1955 Second Series 3600 GED = Git Er Done
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | hey thanks!! I'm kinda partial to that truck too but one day I'll be switchin it for a 57 panel, currently in progress for about 10 years - turned into a retirement project I think - when it's finished I'll be ready to retire and start livin on the road all the TF trucks are great, and as practical as I've ever needed, tho I did have a 67 3/4T that worked hard and I really liked it, once the 250 got replaced w/ a 327 Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 158 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 158 | Wow, thats an excellent looking 57. Just like new. One of these days I would love to get a 70-72 Suburban.
- Shane
- Shane (ChevyToughRebel) 2 Trucks; -1955 3/4 Ton Chevy -1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4 1955 Second Series 3600 GED = Git Er Done
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 49 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 49 | You're right Barry - Ugly is cool today. I think Detroit is going to slam us with a bunch of ugly crap and then make a comeback with some nice retro styling. Sort of like when good looking chicks hang with an ugly one so they look better. Just my opinion of Detroits 5 year plan. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 153 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 153 | for gmc anyway, it was the 1953... no; not because mine is a 53; well maybe! tony
Overland Blue, 1953 GMC 1/2T, 100-22, 228/1bbl, 4sp/4.10 6v, shortbed/fender side/5-window.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | guess it is time to chime in,
I would say 59 and that might be stretching it some. Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | joker must be bored, dragging up antique threads how can you tell a 59 from a 58? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | In my opinion it was 1972 The style of chevy trucks now is awful. In fact the style of all trucks is awful. What are they thinking? The fifties thru early seventys were the greatest looking cars detroit ever made.
49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 |
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | Of the OLD trucks, 1959 was the last year of what I consider desirable classic trucks. But having said that, I would not mind having a '68-72 stepside, and I really love my '89 1500, the first vehicle I ever bought new!
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 201 | Art Deco's are my fave, although the 38-40's are pretty darn cool.
Last edited by cletis; 08/05/2011 6:36 PM. Reason: removed off topic content
'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | [quote
how can you tell a 59 from a 58? [/quote]
The numbers, and the hood and fender emblems. And some other suttle things too.
My vote is for all the task force trucks.
Last edited by Truckrolet; 08/01/2011 4:04 AM.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | like brakes for a 3/4 ton Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 | I'm partial to the '37s. But I would say anything pre mid eighties is better looking than the new stuff. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 247 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 247 | I would have to go with the Advance Designs. A 55 Chev Cameo would also be on the list. Jim
Last edited by J M; 08/01/2011 5:09 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 | I love my 64' but I have to admit the 34' looks AWESOME. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 193 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 193 | Think about all of the trucks you have owned, I will turn 62 this month. In the order that I have owned them: 46 Chev 1/2t, 50 GMC, 49 3/4t 10ft box, 70 3/4t, 55 Chev Cameo, 78 3/4t 4x, 33 International, 79 Bronco, 84 Ford, 86 Ford, 88 Ford, 79 Ford shortbox, 77 Ford, 89 GMC, 95 Dodge, 04 Dodge. The only one I still own; 1946 Chevy that I purchased in 1973 would be my vote, thou I do regret selling the 55 Cameo. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 66 | Hey! There's a Bugger Hollow where I live, Blairsville, GA I like my 37 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 75 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 75 | '36 is my favorite. The last good looking trucks were the mid '80s | | |
| |