The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#734330 03/29/2011 2:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 56
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 56
I've read about POR15 for under the truck, but not to much on the rear axle and diff. I've removed 46 years of grease of grime and the control arms, trcking arm, springs, shocks and mounting plates...ready to re-assemble after blasting and power coating. I plan to use POR15 on those under parts I could not remove. The axle is different and not referenced for that application. Appreciate any advice. Not an off-frame repair.

Thanks

MDL
65 Chevy Fleetside

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I blasted my chassis and rearend and used POR15 on it. It works good. I will say, if there is any grease anywhere on the axle the POR15 will not stick so be sure its really really clean. It makes the rear end look nice and the stuff is tough as nails!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Por would be great but a rattle can worked for me ok.

gazim #735155 04/01/2011 4:57 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/likaroc13/1966%20C-10/100_2332.jpg

mine was blasted...then we just used a rust control rattle can satin black...nothing fancy

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Painted mine with rattlecan rustoleum satin red from home depot. Looks great!

JDog #735859 04/03/2011 3:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
A red rear end? Hope I don't have to follow you on a trip. I have a weak stomach.

Aw that was a little harsh. I was just kidding you.

Last edited by gazim; 04/03/2011 3:44 PM.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0