The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hanks custodian, KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Ponchogl), 224 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Here are some pictures of a 65 short stepside that I got in central Oregon. The truck is fairly original and may have had a repaint on some parts. Appears to be rust free as the floors, rockers, cab corners and lower fenders show no signs of body work or rust. It has no options and a 230 with a 3 speed column shift. Interior is also clean with an original floor mat. In the glovebox was all the original registration renewals from day 1 along with owners manual, dealer warranty info and protect-o-plate. Mileage shows 64700 which looks to be right considering the condition of the truck and wear on the interior. Not sure at this time what my plans are as I would like a short fleetside.
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/hb32/PictureorVideo002.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/hb32/PictureorVideo003.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/hb32/PictureorVideo004.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/hb32/PictureorVideo012.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/hb32/PictureorVideo007.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/hb32/PictureorVideo001.jpg

Last edited by J Lucas; 02/14/2010 4:08 AM.

1955 Chevy 3100
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 94
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 94
Very nice truck. It looks to be in amazing conditon.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.... I don't know how the fight started but if the truck was the prize you sure came out the winner smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
That truck is in very nice shape! Congratulations!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
very very nice truck, if you want to make it a fleetside thats no problem, if it were me though I would not get rid of the step side bed though...just to keep the numbers match thing, the bed looks in great shape, possibly get a frame and put the stepside together as a trailer?

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 194
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 194
You have a great truck. Fix it and enjoy driving it.


1954 Chevy Half-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Shutterfly
More pix on Photobucket

1958 Chevy 1/2-Ton Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

<> + <> + <> + <> + <>
"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~~ OLD FROG
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
What a nice truck you found!

I think the short bed step sides look better than the fleetside anyway! More character...

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 210
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 210
Honestly, you really don't want this truck because it is not a fleetside, you should just go ahead and sell it to me! LOL Very nice truck, I need to get me one of those!

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Got it home last week and as suspected the tank was full of rust. Found a good original clean one from a bolter and installed it along with a new sender. On removing the seat for the tank replacement, I found both build sheets tucked under and behind the seat springs. The build sheet confirms that it is what it looks like with no additional modifications. I managed to get the windshield washer to work today which is it`s only option. Truck is radio delete and going to keep it that way. The only thing I plan on changing is the exhaust which I have a set of split manifolds from Langdons and a pair of Smithy`s.


1955 Chevy 3100
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 193
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 193
I think that I could buy this from looking at the pics...nice find!


1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0