| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,384 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 | has any one done this swap? how much modification is there? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Although I have not done the swap personally, "A.D. Engineering" (I think it's called) makes a mounting kit just for the swap you are considering. And it's located right here in Iowa I think.
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Where in Iowa are you from? Scott | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 | I am from urbana iowa just north of cedar rapids. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 | looked at the web site for that kit and it looks pretty easy. already have the frame painted and the engine brakets welded in I now will have to get the body ready. any one know a good place for aftermarket parts. 48bigtrucks where at in center point do you live. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Do you know where Fross park is on the north side? I'm across the street behind the cemetery. Where are you in Urbana? My sister, step brother and several co-workers live in Urbana, Scott | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Oh yeah, better get to the swap meet at Hawkeye Downs this week-end. That's where I'm headed right now. We should meet up soon, Scott | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Y'all should make your meeting plans by private message. This space is for talking trucks.
Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Relax Cletis, we're working on it, Geez, Scott | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 145 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 145 | What engine is "normally" used in this project? Can I use a 235?
I looked at the website but didn't see this addressed.
Thruwurkin
Half Ton Will Travel God bless America...One nation under God
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 199 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 199 | I'm in the process of a 54 1/2 ton on an S10 frame. Going for a 327 but don't see why a 235 shouldn't work. Just got to figure out how to mount it to the frame.
I made my own mounts and have about $100 in the whole thing including a 14 dollar hole saw for the top plates. I think it can be done easily now that I've been through one. Thinking about a 1 ton Panel for the next one... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 4 | dan, do you have to make many adjustments for the V-8? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 | There's a HUGEGANTIC thread on this very topic over in the Hi-Po Shop right now that has some VERY good info in it from the guys who have actually done the swap (or are in the process of doing it) and lived to tell about it. Also: I've seen an S10 with a 350 shoehorned into the engine cavity before. There isn't a whole lot of extra room, but it works without too much modification, as the S10 frame was originally designed to accomdate an SBC (IINM). Most of the guys who do the S10 frame swap go to V-8 engines, it seems, but an I6 would be cool to see mounted in there.  | | |
| |
| |