Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,227 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 394 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 394 | Well I know it ain't neer as cold in my part of the country as it is in some of you other Bolters live, but around here it's been getting in the high 20's so I figured I better put some antifreeze in my bolter or else. Bye the way how cold is she getting in you Bolters part of town? :confused: | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | about 55 here now, should be close to 65.. had a little cool spell to come in,..........
high 20's in calif.......... Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 | It gets a bit chilly in the deep dark part of the night, in the middle of the dead of winter here.... but, not enough to crack my block...
Cool-O-rado will be a differnt story me thinks!!
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | 18 this morning in South Dakota.
Antifreeze helps your engine cool too. I thought everybody ran antifreeze year around. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 | Low-mid 20's in the mornings here in Cool-O-rado, Rusty.
I'd venture a guess that Buddy in AK is already seeing it a whole lot worse than all of us. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Mid 20s this morning. I run anti-freeze all year for the anti rust protection plus as noted above it cools better than straight water.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 483 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 483 | Haven't got to the 30s yet here in Azle 11 miles NW of Ft.Worth yet, but I do run a good mixture so I don't have to worry if it gets to mid 20s, which it will before spring. Nice to hear from everyone around the world though. "God bless our troups and hope they return home safe". Like it or not. Neal | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | 18 for the low, 39 for the high and winds that will chill you right down to the bone. I run anti-freeze year-round too. I forgot to get some in an old Monte Carlo once, had to throw that engine away, Scott | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 | Antifreeze raises the boiling point, but it is harder to change the temperature of water than any other liquid: so I wouldn't say that antifreeze cools better. A wetting agent can improve cooling, however. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 275 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 275 | We've got six inches snow already. Went around and checked all the vehicles for antifreeze strength. It's got to be good for around -35. Get's alittle cold here in winter.
38 original 48 panel 59 stepside 46 in the back forty
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 26 | Antifreeze?  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 236 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 236 | Like most everybody has already posted, I use antifreeze year round. It raises the boiling point of water, which helps with cooling as the radiator won't boil over as easily, and it provides corrosion protection, which is very important for your radiator.
It's only dropping into the forties here and raining.
58 Fleetside, 235, "The Old Buckin' Bronco"
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 10 | 13 when I got up this morning with a nasty wind chill. | | |
| |