The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork), 162 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 394
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 394
Well I know it ain't neer as cold in my part of the country as it is in some of you other Bolters live, but around here it's been getting in the high 20's so I figured I better put some antifreeze in my bolter or else. Bye the way how cold is she getting in you Bolters part of town? :confused:

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
about 55 here now, should be close to 65.. had a little cool spell to come in,..........

high 20's in calif..........


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
It gets a bit chilly in the deep dark part of the night, in the middle of the dead of winter here.... but, not enough to crack my block...

Cool-O-rado will be a differnt story me thinks!!


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
18 this morning in South Dakota.

Antifreeze helps your engine cool too. I thought everybody ran antifreeze year around.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
Low-mid 20's in the mornings here in Cool-O-rado, Rusty.

I'd venture a guess that Buddy in AK is already seeing it a whole lot worse than all of us.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Mid 20s this morning. I run anti-freeze all year for the anti rust protection plus as noted above it cools better than straight water.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
Haven't got to the 30s yet here in Azle 11 miles NW of Ft.Worth yet, but I do run a good mixture so I don't have to worry if it gets to mid 20s, which it will before spring. Nice to hear from everyone around the world though. "God bless our troups and hope they return home safe". Like it or not. Neal

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
18 for the low, 39 for the high and winds that will chill you right down to the bone. I run anti-freeze year-round too. I forgot to get some in an old Monte Carlo once, had to throw that engine away,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
Antifreeze raises the boiling point, but it is harder to change the temperature of water than any other liquid: so I wouldn't say that antifreeze cools better. A wetting agent can improve cooling, however.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
We've got six inches snow already. Went around and checked all the vehicles for antifreeze strength. It's got to be good for around -35. Get's alittle cold here in winter.


38 original
48 panel
59 stepside
46 in the back forty
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 26
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 26
Antifreeze? wink

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
Like most everybody has already posted, I use antifreeze year round. It raises the boiling point of water, which helps with cooling as the radiator won't boil over as easily, and it provides corrosion protection, which is very important for your radiator.

It's only dropping into the forties here and raining.


58 Fleetside, 235, "The Old Buckin' Bronco"
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
13 when I got up this morning with a nasty wind chill.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0