The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (jal12147, F100Ranger, NJC, Bruce 1954-4100, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,338
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 328
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 328
What are your plans for this weekend for your truck?


I'll be putting in new door panels, headliner, fixing the seat, new stereo system, and washing her grin .


GO RANGERS grin
Photos Updated so check them out!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
On Saturday I'm going to go to First Monday Trade Days in Weatherford and sign Kinky's petition to be put on the ballot for governor.

Then I'm going to Azle for the car show at Albertson's. Beaver53 is supposed to enter his '53.

Then it's off to Fort Worth to a BBQ dinner to benefit my grandson's Boy Scout trip to Vancouver.

Before going home I'll probably stop and hear some live blues.

Sunday I'm open.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Well if the weather hold out I plan to attend the
Goodguys car show at the fair grounds 300-400 cars on display. Hope to find a couple of good deals at some of the vendor at the show, may get lucky at the swapmeet and then it back to the ranch and work on the 41. Sunday is race day and relax. grin grin


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
I am going to go out and turn a wrench or two on Saturday if the weather is nice. I hope it is, I sure do like fixing things. I am not sure what to fix, but I have a long list and will pick a few things.

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I should go meet Cletis in Azle TX but I am going to Breckenridge to see my Boy run the 2 mile in track.

Sunday I will wash my Bolt, and spend some time getting the winter out of my 54 Plymouth. start her up and do some trouble shooting.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Going to put in the new "original style" battery I got from Restoration Battery, in Cincinnati, OH. Battery is a dry sell that "looks" like the original wet cell battery. Going to also spend a lot of time in the yard getting it ready for the summer season. wink And yes, Sunday is race day (NASCAR) so going to fire up the new 60" HDTV and watch #48 win another one! grin

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Sat. try and get the new carpet to lay flat in the truck so I can get it drivable. Sun. lay back with a cold one and watch NASCAR

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 125
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 125
My son and I got to work on the truck this past Wednesday afternoon (one of the nice things about owning your own business!) and we got the grille, fenders, inner fenders and hood off of it. Saturday we're going skiing and then Sunday, if the weather holds, both my son, daughter and I will see what else we can take off "Frank." This is the first time a break at work and good weather have come together to give us a chance to do some work.


Jim Blake
Help support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (www.lls.org) through Team in Training (www.teamintraining.org). Help put a stop to ALL cancers.

My truck: '49 3800 Stakebed/Dump
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I'm going to pick up another stovebolt and then go home and pretend it doesn't exist so I can finish my taxes.

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 92
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 92
We (Me, Mike, Mandy) are going to begin construction of her soap box racer. Mike is picking up the wood tonight!


Tempest

"Find Your Inner Truck"

Silly Boys! - Trucks are for Girls!

1945 2-ton
1946 3/4-ton
1951 Chevy 2-Ton
Redliners Auto Club
What\'z It
Snow Cruisers
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
I was going to finish reassembling my front driver's-side brakes, but I've already done that. (Did that on Tuesday.)

I was also going to do a front end brake job on my car, but I've already done that too. (Last night. Got tired of the pads squealing.)

I will probably persuade my friend Steve to come out and help me bleed the brakes on the old girl and then maybe we can get started on redoing the tail lights and wiring the double poled sockets for the parking/blinker lights on the front end.

And there's always the horn. Gotta get that thing wired in.

And then, on Sunday, I'll be going to the Airport to get my parents.

Also: Does anyone know anyone in Michigan who does License Plate Cleanup?


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Brendan, here is a link you can check out he is in PA. close:

http://www.darrylsplates.com/


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
Maybe if the weather is good I'll be moving my truck to the paddeo and getting out the scetching pad for idea's wink
stefanP


"Rust Never sleeps"
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Saturday, I'm celebrating my silver anniversary...25 years I've owned my '66 Coronet 500!!! So, for my oldest boys' b-day, my wife and I are treating him to a movie, riding in my '66! He'll be on his first date, as well, so he and his girlfriend will get to go in style!

Ought to be fun! Ok, so my son gets to be chaperoned by my wife and I on his first date, so he might not think it all that fun!!!

Sunday, I get to continue stripping parts off my parts '67 D-100 for my other '67.


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
I'm driving to North Carolina to play golf. When I get back the following Saturday, the truck comes out of storage and the reassembly begins.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Going to my deceased MIL place and keep cleaning. RATS :mad: Sunday church, some couple's aniversity party, get home listen to race and sand on the roof of the 59.

popcorn The Truth is Out There (Rather be going with Tom R) Pops

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Cletis -

Where will you go to hear some Blues? :confused:

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
nothing going on here,,

just waiting for my ship to come in,,,,,,,


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Working in the store... : (


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
I'm going to prime and paint the inside of my new garage.... then i'm going to install all the electrical stuff.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Finish off this JD830 tractor that has me preoccupied (and why I haven't posted that much). Rush job (because I am sick of lookin at it) for good friends. I'll post something either in paint or greasy spoon with some before and after pix. Pretty fun project.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Joe, I was going to Keys Lounge or Poop Deck. Both are no cover, live blues.

But.. My daughter just called and said she got us general admission tickets to see Willie at Billy Bob's 25th anniversary party so we'll be there for a while.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
Saturday, Peggy and I will be working on laying out the show book/program for the ATHS National Show in Baltimore (in May). Then I have to see if my parts for my water canons (irrigation) came in and then I'll be messing with them most of the day. Hopefully, I'll get to harness and drive the horses a little Saturday afternoon.

Sunday, Peggy and I will be at the "Coming Out" car show in Charlotte Hall, Maryland. It's only about 10 miles from our house. Come on out and join us!

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 94
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 94
I got a head start on the weekend this afternoon. Switched out the carb on the 53, going back to the original Rochester without the auto-choke. My first carb rebuild and so far its running great. Topped that off with a set of new plugs.
Tomorrow I'll finish pulling out the cowl vent to clean out the pine needles and other misc. crud and replace the seal. God I love that the weather is getting nice.
-Chris


1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 209
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 209
Resting my back and watching the rain fall. I might even take in a movie.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
I'm going to clean up the 34 and fix the header leaks, getting ready for our club cruise next Friday. I haven't driven the 34 since last October. I'm ready for the car season.


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
New parts arrived today from LMC so Saturday I will be installing the new radiator core support mounts and fixing some cancer on the right inner fender well. Also need to charge the battery and start the engine, it has been sitting for about a month so I need to get the fluids circulating again.

Not sure about Sunday yet. Maybe the wife and I will do some crappie fishing since the weather is supposed to be nice.


Ralph Davis
1970 Chevy C10 Webshots
My Stovebolt Gallery page

Old trucks never die, they just find a new home.
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
I got a jump start on the weekend. Today I made a new battery strap for my '51 1300.Got to play with my torches.Finished my exhaust system.
Tomorrow I'll flash her up and probably get into some body work and maybe walk over to the beach.
Oh ya I'll probably clean the grease off the carpet that my wife stepped in that I should have made sure wasn't there for her to step in.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I started Thursday evening, A frend and I removed the hood, and then the entire front fender-grill-radiator assembly from the 48 2 ton. Then lifted the cab off with the chain fall. If it had not been for a rounded rear cab mount bolt we would have had it all done in an hour, but it took 3.

Then I am helping with a Timber Framed picnic shelter project this weekend.

And next week back to the truck in the evenings


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0