Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,081 Posts1,056,321 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 328 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 328 | What are your plans for this weekend for your truck? I'll be putting in new door panels, headliner, fixing the seat, new stereo system, and washing her  . | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | On Saturday I'm going to go to First Monday Trade Days in Weatherford and sign Kinky's petition to be put on the ballot for governor.
Then I'm going to Azle for the car show at Albertson's. Beaver53 is supposed to enter his '53.
Then it's off to Fort Worth to a BBQ dinner to benefit my grandson's Boy Scout trip to Vancouver.
Before going home I'll probably stop and hear some live blues.
Sunday I'm open. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 | Well if the weather hold out I plan to attend the Goodguys car show at the fair grounds 300-400 cars on display. Hope to find a couple of good deals at some of the vendor at the show, may get lucky at the swapmeet and then it back to the ranch and work on the 41. Sunday is race day and relax. 
"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real" "Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe" 41 1/2-ton, a work in progress 68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 | I am going to go out and turn a wrench or two on Saturday if the weather is nice. I hope it is, I sure do like fixing things. I am not sure what to fix, but I have a long list and will pick a few things.
Kyle
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton My Machine | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | I should go meet Cletis in Azle TX but I am going to Breckenridge to see my Boy run the 2 mile in track.
Sunday I will wash my Bolt, and spend some time getting the winter out of my 54 Plymouth. start her up and do some trouble shooting.
Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 | Going to put in the new "original style" battery I got from Restoration Battery, in Cincinnati, OH. Battery is a dry sell that "looks" like the original wet cell battery. Going to also spend a lot of time in the yard getting it ready for the summer season.  And yes, Sunday is race day (NASCAR) so going to fire up the new 60" HDTV and watch #48 win another one!  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Sat. try and get the new carpet to lay flat in the truck so I can get it drivable. Sun. lay back with a cold one and watch NASCAR | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 125 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 125 | My son and I got to work on the truck this past Wednesday afternoon (one of the nice things about owning your own business!) and we got the grille, fenders, inner fenders and hood off of it. Saturday we're going skiing and then Sunday, if the weather holds, both my son, daughter and I will see what else we can take off "Frank." This is the first time a break at work and good weather have come together to give us a chance to do some work. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | I'm going to pick up another stovebolt and then go home and pretend it doesn't exist so I can finish my taxes. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 92 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 92 | We (Me, Mike, Mandy) are going to begin construction of her soap box racer. Mike is picking up the wood tonight! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 | I was going to finish reassembling my front driver's-side brakes, but I've already done that. (Did that on Tuesday.)
I was also going to do a front end brake job on my car, but I've already done that too. (Last night. Got tired of the pads squealing.)
I will probably persuade my friend Steve to come out and help me bleed the brakes on the old girl and then maybe we can get started on redoing the tail lights and wiring the double poled sockets for the parking/blinker lights on the front end.
And there's always the horn. Gotta get that thing wired in.
And then, on Sunday, I'll be going to the Airport to get my parents.
Also: Does anyone know anyone in Michigan who does License Plate Cleanup? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 | Brendan, here is a link you can check out he is in PA. close: http://www.darrylsplates.com/
"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real" "Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe" 41 1/2-ton, a work in progress 68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
| | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 8 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 8 | Maybe if the weather is good I'll be moving my truck to the paddeo and getting out the scetching pad for idea's stefanP
"Rust Never sleeps"
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 | Saturday, I'm celebrating my silver anniversary...25 years I've owned my '66 Coronet 500!!! So, for my oldest boys' b-day, my wife and I are treating him to a movie, riding in my '66! He'll be on his first date, as well, so he and his girlfriend will get to go in style!
Ought to be fun! Ok, so my son gets to be chaperoned by my wife and I on his first date, so he might not think it all that fun!!!
Sunday, I get to continue stripping parts off my parts '67 D-100 for my other '67.
Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass. Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 | I'm driving to North Carolina to play golf. When I get back the following Saturday, the truck comes out of storage and the reassembly begins. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 687 | Going to my deceased MIL place and keep cleaning. RATS :mad: Sunday church, some couple's aniversity party, get home listen to race and sand on the roof of the 59.
popcorn The Truth is Out There (Rather be going with Tom R) Pops | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | Cletis - Where will you go to hear some Blues? :confused: Joe 
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | nothing going on here,,
just waiting for my ship to come in,,,,,,, Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 531 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 531 | Working in the store... : ( | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | I'm going to prime and paint the inside of my new garage.... then i'm going to install all the electrical stuff.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Finish off this JD830 tractor that has me preoccupied (and why I haven't posted that much). Rush job (because I am sick of lookin at it) for good friends. I'll post something either in paint or greasy spoon with some before and after pix. Pretty fun project. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Joe, I was going to Keys Lounge or Poop Deck. Both are no cover, live blues.
But.. My daughter just called and said she got us general admission tickets to see Willie at Billy Bob's 25th anniversary party so we'll be there for a while. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | Saturday, Peggy and I will be working on laying out the show book/program for the ATHS National Show in Baltimore (in May). Then I have to see if my parts for my water canons (irrigation) came in and then I'll be messing with them most of the day. Hopefully, I'll get to harness and drive the horses a little Saturday afternoon.
Sunday, Peggy and I will be at the "Coming Out" car show in Charlotte Hall, Maryland. It's only about 10 miles from our house. Come on out and join us!
John
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 94 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 94 | I got a head start on the weekend this afternoon. Switched out the carb on the 53, going back to the original Rochester without the auto-choke. My first carb rebuild and so far its running great. Topped that off with a set of new plugs. Tomorrow I'll finish pulling out the cowl vent to clean out the pine needles and other misc. crud and replace the seal. God I love that the weather is getting nice. -Chris
1953 Chevrolet 3100
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 209 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 209 | Resting my back and watching the rain fall. I might even take in a movie. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 | I'm going to clean up the 34 and fix the header leaks, getting ready for our club cruise next Friday. I haven't driven the 34 since last October. I'm ready for the car season.
Ron Thompson 51 Chevy 1/2 ton 36 F@rd coupe 65 Riviera
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 428 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 428 | New parts arrived today from LMC so Saturday I will be installing the new radiator core support mounts and fixing some cancer on the right inner fender well. Also need to charge the battery and start the engine, it has been sitting for about a month so I need to get the fluids circulating again.
Not sure about Sunday yet. Maybe the wife and I will do some crappie fishing since the weather is supposed to be nice. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 | I got a jump start on the weekend. Today I made a new battery strap for my '51 1300.Got to play with my torches.Finished my exhaust system. Tomorrow I'll flash her up and probably get into some body work and maybe walk over to the beach. Oh ya I'll probably clean the grease off the carpet that my wife stepped in that I should have made sure wasn't there for her to step in. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I started Thursday evening, A frend and I removed the hood, and then the entire front fender-grill-radiator assembly from the 48 2 ton. Then lifted the cab off with the chain fall. If it had not been for a rounded rear cab mount bolt we would have had it all done in an hour, but it took 3.
Then I am helping with a Timber Framed picnic shelter project this weekend.
And next week back to the truck in the evenings | | |
| |